5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Digital advertising is growing at a rate that is twice that of all advertising, and of the overall entertainment and media sector.
- Activities, content, communication, and transactions are taking place inside a large number of different consumer interfaces.
- As for e-sports…it is growing the fastest of any sport and is regarded as having the highest potential for revenue growth — beating out soccer and basketball.
- Total number of commercial drones registered with the FAA now sits at 277,000.
- FAA now predicts there will be 835,000 commercial drones, which represents a tripling of the total over the next five years.
- Besides deliveries, commercial drones are used for tasks like photography and videography, inspection of buildings and land, research and pilot training.
- Trial set out to examine if blockchain could address “industry challenges” in programmatic advertising.
- Carried out a programmatic end-to-end supply chain reconciliation using Zilliqa’s blockchain platform.
- Smart contracts reconcile impressions that are delivered from multiple data sources with payments.
- Using machine learning to gather customer preferences, to connecting coffeemakers in stores to the internet to blockchain services for tracing coffee.
- “…coming together to completely take what is that iconic experience that is Starbucks and incorporating digital throughout.”
- Starbucks’ IoT-enabled machines collect more than a dozen data points for every shot of espresso pulled.
- Offers more than 20,000 products from 1,000 brands in more than two dozen cities.
- Plans to add about 3,000 vending machines that offer daily eatable items, such as vegetables, snacks and cold drinks in residential apartments and offices.
- India’s retail market, valued at more than $900 billion, is increasingly attracting the attention of VC funds.