5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Up around 5% from its previously reported 1.9 billion monthly logged-in users last summer.
- Watch time of YouTube on TV screens was more than 250 million hours per day.
- YouTube reaches more U.S. consumers 18-49 in an average week than all cable TV networks combined.
- Seed funds becoming an institutional asset class (leading to more pre-seed funds).
- Very large institutional money managers investing billions of dollars into venture (75% of last year’s “venture capital” dollars were invested in $100M+ rounds).
- Companies have been staying private longer than ever, resulting in a smaller number of actual IPOs, and much of the growth happening in the private markets.
- By mapping out your new users and active users on the same graph, you can identify a problem early and tackle it before you see user rates start to drop.
- Look at a number of different data points together, including impressions, (authentic) comments, reshares, and (most importantly!) referral traffic from social media to your website during and after each campaign.
- Taking the time to track, analyze, and improve conversion rates pays off more than simply focusing on mass content creation.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) revenue jumped 45% year over year to $7.43 billion for the fourth quarter of 2018.
- Microsoft Azure revenue grew 76%, and Alibaba reported that its cloud unit is nearing $1 billion per quarter.
- Expect the cloud market to top $230 billion, up from just over $100 billion in 2016.
- Printing thin layers of a liquid, pre-hydrogel solution, which becomes solid when it’s exposed to blue light.
- Allowed the scientists to create biocompatible gels with intricate internal architecture similar to the human body’s vascular networks.
- Hope this will help make 3D-printed organs a viable option sooner rather than later.