5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Develop new value delivery models, exploit emerging technology to create these, and deliver highly differentiated products, services, or solutions.
- Technology-driven innovation leaders grow at 3 to 4 times a faster pace than their industry average.
- CMOs and chief sales officers will be replaced by chief growth officers as firms transform and disrupt expensive and inefficient processes that generate revenue.
- Carried on a short, 10 minute, 2.7 mile test flight from Baltimore’s St. Agnes Hospital to the University of Maryland (UMD) medical center, and successfully transplanted.
- UMD carried out 44 test flights over 700 hours and took every possible precaution.
- Flying an organ by drone also offers certain advantages, like the ability to constantly monitor critical temperatures, ETAs and other statistics.
- AT&T, Nestle, Accenture and others are already using the service.
- “You can create your [blockchain] network in minutes. You can manage certificates, invite new members, and scale out peer node capacity in order to process transactions more quickly.”
- Will enable our customers to track their products on the blockchain from the farm all the way through to consumption.
- Service to be used by consumers to prove their identity to access and open bank accounts, as well as government services.
- Going to be able to share their data in a secure and trusted way, which they never really could before.
- Part of a shift towards open banking — letting consumers share their financial data with other companies — called for by the Canadian Bankers Association.
- OECD estimates that US$461 billion worth of counterfeit goods are sold annually…2.5 percent of global trade…one out of 40 items on the global marketplace is a fake.
- Parent companies can use blockchain, combined with AI and the IoT, to gather, share, and analyze data to enable more effective pricing decisions at the point of sale.
- With trusted information (from IoT), secure ways to record and share it (through blockchain), and analytics to draw out insights (from AI), the opportunities are endless.