5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Since 2012, more than $5.7B has been invested across over 520 equity deals to tech startups in Latin America.
- The most well-funded startup in Latin America is on-demand delivery startup Rappi in Colombia with over $1.4B in total disclosed funding.
- The region is home to 4 countries whose most well-funded tech startup has raised over $100M in funding.
- Company is sending small satellites into space, gathering data from Earth, applying machine learning, and turning the resulting intelligence and data into a lucrative business.
- Getting to space at all is essentially an infrastructure issue, which is one of the reasons Hypergiant bought SEOPs and its small launch vehicle IP.
- More and more where AI and space start to collide; not only do we need smart data and smarts to apply to our data, we need intelligent devices to start collecting that data.
- Just crossed $1 billion AUM or institutions, 70 institutions have signed up, adding about $150 million AUM a month.
- Institutions are not merely interested in having their funds sit idle while in custody either…want to be staking and voting, doing governance on-chain.
- Bitcoin is still the main asset of interest for institutions, but the interest for other cryptocurrencies is growing.
- Beyond Meat IPO price: $45, Current price: $89.25.
- Zoom IPO price: $36, Current price: $75.36.
- For investors who stuck to companies who retained a path to profitability through high-margin revenue, things seem nice and healthy.
- Team SoloMid has built its brand with game strategy sites, influencers, and championship esports teams.
- Partnership is Lenovo North America’s first official esports sponsorship, and the investment will further enhance the company’s focus on the gaming industry.
- With the esports audience projected to surpass NFL viewership and reach 276 million by 2022, Lenovo is excited to partner with a veteran team that helped to elevate the popularity of esports in the U.S.