5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- An agile organization can ideally combine velocity and adaptability with stability and efficiency.
- Any enterprise-wide agile transformation needs to be both comprehensive and iterative.
- First, successful transformations start with an effort to aspire, design, and pilot the new agile operating model.
- Forrester expects the number of global smartphone subscribers to reach 3.9 billion by 2023.
- Asia Pacific accounting for 73% of new subscribers in the next five years.
- Mobile itself will become the choreographer of the next revolution in digital experience that powers and orchestrates an omnichannel blended user ecosystem.
- Demonstration mission will mark another step toward the deployment of thousands of satellites designed to provide low-cost global internet access.
- First satellites are equipped with antennas and networking equipment to communicate with ground stations in a variety of locations.
- Master plan calls for an initial constellation of more than 4,400 satellites, followed by a second set of 7,500 satellites.
- AR (mobile AR, smartglasses) is forecast to top 2.5 billion installed base and $70 billion to $75 billion revenue by 2023.
- Mobile AR/computer vision in ecommerce/retail has already delivered for…Olay Skin Advisor (5 million customers, double conversion, 30% higher basket sizes, biggest product launch in 10 years with Olay Whips).
- VR makes most of its money from hardware sales and games/entertainment, with enterprise software/services a growing part of the mix.
- Device will be capable of acting as a full node for the bitcoin network, meaning customers will store the entire blockchain’s data on their devices.
- Foundational to the whole decentralized internet and just the whole fundamental premise.
- By letting users run full nodes, HTC is giving them the ability to verify data themselves.