5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Blue Moon initiative seeks to build infrastructure on the surface of Earth’s natural satellite to the point that entrepreneurs can start building space businesses.
- Possibility of harnessing resources there for energy back home, since ours are bound to run out in the future.
- Said the moon is a good place for manufacturing, since it will take 24 times less energy to haul materials from its surface compared to the Earth due to its lower gravity.
- New scanning solution that uses a proprietary combination of computer vision, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence and recommendation algorithms to find your right fit in every Nike style.
- Nike will offer a “best fit for you” recommendation for footwear, whether you prefer shopping in-store or online.
- More accurate fit can contribute to everything from less shipping and fewer returns to better performance.
- In 2018, U.S.-based real estate companies as a whole raised a combined $4.99 billion across 105 transactions.
- Down from the $5.8 billion raised in 95 deals in 2017, it’s still a staggering 10 times higher than the $520 million raised by such startups in 2013.
- 2019 is starting out strong…$1.9 billion invested in 32 general real-estate related venture deals during the year so far.
- Bring its live esports competitions — featuring games like League of Legends, Minecraft, and Clash Royale — to hundreds of movie theaters in the U.S., tripling the number of locations it’s currently in.
- Partnership with NetLevel allows the company to expand its movie theater presence while also “reducing its theater event-based operating expenses.”
- Goal is to make it possible for every amateur gamer to play in esports experiences in a venue near where they live.
- Two of the more interesting and “out there” trends in tech are NFTs (non fungible tokens) and virtual celebrities.
- NFTs are crypto-assets that are unique and can only be owned by one person at a time. A well-known example is a CryptoKitty.
- Wearing a dress that is actually a unique crypto-asset…world’s first couture digital outfit on the Ethereum blockchain.