5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Bullfrog was founded in 2016 with a clear mission: to accelerate the transition of insurance solutions to be more predictive and preventive, reducing material damages and improving people’s lives.
- Bullfrog’s Insurtech Portal, in partnership with Chubb Latin America, includes more than 80 Insurtechs.
- Bullfrog’s Insurtech platform includes 16 curated insurtechs from all over the world, such as Boxx Insurance, the premier international cyber-insurance solution.
- Corporate venture capital (CVC) funds are everywhere…loosely defined as corporations starting venture capital arms to work with smaller startups.
- Clearbanc, a new kind of venture capital-ish firm…doesn’t have any equity in the over 700 companies it works with. But it put investments in each of them.
- Pegasus Tech Ventures…invests in startups on behalf of corporations through its “VC-as-a-service” model.
- SpaceX remains on track to send humans to Mars in the “mid-2020s.
- Plans to bring humans to Mars with a two-stage rocket: the Starship upper stage and a Super Heavy booster.
- So far, NASA and SpaceX have identified four areas that meet their criteria for a safe mission to Mars: the Arcadia, Deuteronilus, Utopia, and Phlegra regions, which are in the northern hemisphere.
- Advances in reusable rockets, lowered per-launch costs and miniaturization of satellites are opening up business opportunities well beyond aerospace and defense.
- The global space industry is expected to generate revenue of $1.1 trillion or more in 2040, up from the current $350 billion.
- Satellite mass production could decrease the cost from $500 million per satellite to $500,000.
- Retailers will invest in SaaS to manage application load variability, such as holiday shopping.
- GDPR and similar regional initiatives mean that retail technology investments focus on customer permission and privacy.
- Retailers…plan to increase productivity, using automation to relieve humans of dull repetitive work.