5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- The cryptocurrency, which will reportedly be called Libra, will be unveiled on June 18th.
- Expected to function as a “stablecoin,” meaning it will be pegged to a basket of government-issued currencies in order to limit the volatility typically associated with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
- As well as allowing users to send money over Facebook’s messaging products like WhatsApp and Messenger, Facebook hopes that its partnerships with e-commerce firms will allow users to spend the currency online.
- Consumers report that they are willing to share data from their personal devices and that they are even more likely to share data if they receive a subsidy on the cost of the device.
- End result will be improved care, higher patient satisfaction, better information for caregivers, and lower healthcare costs.
- For organizations outside of healthcare, the lesson is to focus on your core customers and stakeholders (enterprise or consumer) and their use of smart, connected products to find ways that you can help them be more successful.
- We are at a pivotal point of transformation bringing the age of opportunity to everyone.
- Key decisions that influenced the final design…This should feel like a revolution, not an evolution.
- In all of our countries, the most common idea of opportunity is the concept of prosperity – elevating one’s life to achieve a better, more comfortable level of living.
- In order to draw, the camera analyzes the object in front of it and creates a virtual path, which is fed into a path execution algorithm that produces real-space coordinates for the robotic arm.
- Facial-recognition technology allows her to draw pencil portraits of people by scanning their features with the cameras in her eyes and using the robotic arm to map them on paper.
- To create paintings, Ai-Da’s drawings are fed into AI algorithms that interact with the Cartesian plane to plot them along two axis and create abstract versions of her art.
- Investment will help further it’s “efforts to enable independent entrepreneurs to build businesses and grow their customer base via social channels.”
- The Bangalore-based startup raised $65.2 million prior to this investment…was valued at $250 million in November.
- Sources told the Times of India that the investment could be anywhere between $25 million to $100 million.