5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Argento-LBX bond represents a first in regulated cryptocurrency products, in that it contains no fiat exposure for investors.
- Readily available via Bloomberg Terminal, and is the first crypto product to have its own ISIN code.
- For the first time, they have an institutional grade way of making their wallets grow without exposing their bitcoin to the swings of the traditional ‘fiat’ currency markets.
- India’s Ola is further widening its lead over Uber in the nation — and getting the help it needs from their mutual investor.
- Infusion comes as New Delhi looks to take a serious step in electrifying the existing fleet of cabs and scooters in the country as it attempts to curtail air pollution and carbon emissions.
- Parent group, which raised $300 million from Hyundai and Kia to expand its mobility solutions and electric vehicles programs as part of an ongoing Series J round earlier this year, also is partnering with original equipment manufacturers to scale the EV business.
- Progress in the field of AI is based primarily on the use of neural networks.
- Mimicking the functionality of the human brain, neural networks link mathematically defined units with one another.
- Many companies use learning and networked AI systems, for example to generate precise demand forecasts and to exactly predict customer behavior.
- Every large enterprise and every large government ecosystem is thinking about this – about automation, AI, machine learning and new age digital technologies taking away jobs of the past and creating jobs for the future.
- Institutions and enterprises will move from a people-only workplace to a people-plus-machine workplace.
- We will now have to move to a continuum of lifelong learning, which means we have to be lifelong learners.
- Businesses that sell software as a service, better known as SaaS companies, are no longer on the leading edge of a new business model. SaaS is now how most software is sold.
- Makes public SaaS companies important for private software companies, as the performance of the former in the public markets can impact the value and fundraising options of the latter.
- According to venture collective Bessemer…the SaaS and cloud companies present in its index are trading at an 11x enterprise value/revenue multiple.