5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
RICHARD BRANSON AND CHAMATH PALIHAPITIYA PARTNER TO TAKE SPACE TOURISM COMPANY VIRGIN GALACTIC PUBLIC
- The special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) is planning to invest roughly $800 million in Virgin Galactic for a 49% stake…combined firm will have an enterprise value of $1.5 billion.
- As part of the deal with Social Capital Hedosophia, Virgin Galactic would become the first publicly listed human-spaceflight company.
- Virgin Galactic expects that the deal will give it the capital necessary to fund the business until its spaceships can commercially operate and turn a profit.
- Will be the first time the film industry leverages the power of blockchain technology, marking yet another milestone towards TZERO’s goal to revolutionizing capital markets.
- TZERO CEO Saum Noursalehi said, “Our goal is to apply blockchain technology to capital markets and every industry that can benefit from the platform we have built…”
- Bushnell token owners, in addition to receiving shares of movie earnings, also play an interactive role in the film’s development….additional benefits such as being able to vote on the movie’s trailer and even have a say in choosing the movie cast.
- Solve.Care’s clients will not only be able to schedule doctor’s visits and book rides to healthcare care appointments, but they’ll also be able to pay for the services using either of the company’s native tokens.
- Representing the first time any Uber subsidiary has opened up its doors to a company using cryptocurrency.
- SCI Solutions estimates that $150 billion is lost annually due to missed appointments
- Bio-printed skin and bone samples upside down to help determine if the method could be used in a low-gravity environment.
- Skin sample was printed using human blood plasma as a “bio ink.”…researchers added plant and algae-based materials to increase the viscosity so it wouldn’t just fly everywhere in low gravity.
- ESA’s project is already looking ahead to adapting the 3D printing of entire organs to space conditions.
- Tech giant’s biggest acquisition ever, which Big Blue hopes will boost its bid to dominate in hybrid cloud — a market that it sees as a $1 trillion opportunity.
- Buying Red Hat would strengthen its position in the cloud market, where it has been lagging more dominant players led by Amazon and Microsoft.
- IBM is focusing its strategy on hybrid cloud, in which businesses store and process data and use applications on a public cloud, such as those run by Microsoft and Amazon, while still performing some of those tasks on their own data centers.