5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Under the name Fordzilla, the company will recruit top esports drivers for teams in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK.
- The Fordzilla teams will compete in games like Forza Motorsport 7…According to Ford, millions of people play Forza games each month, and one million players choose Ford vehicles.
- Ford has partnered with Microsoft Game Studios before, and a few years ago, the top prize in the first-ever Forza Racing Championship was a 2017 Ford Focus RS.
- These sponsored challenges are Gen Z-friendly marketing campaigns where users are prompted to post videos of them using a product — like showing off favorite outfits from Uniqlo or Guess, for example.
- While not exactly a company that exudes youth appeal, Kroger found a way to reach TikTok’s young adult audience through their hashtag campaign.
- Sponsored Hashtag Challenges are only one way TikTok is experimenting with generating revenue from its roughly 500 million monthly users, the majority who are younger than 30.
- Immersive shopping startup Obsess launched a virtual shopping mall that brings a new format to online shopping…Customers can browse the stores via their mobile phone, view 3D renderings on products, and access AR versions to visualize them in a real-world setting.
- L’Oréal’s Armani Beauty announced that it will be the first beauty brand to incorporate augmented reality (AR) into its WeChat application…Through AR technology from L’Oréal’s ModiFace, Chinese consumers will now be able to virtually try on lipsticks, eyeshadow, and other products from Armani Beauty’s cosmetics line using their mobile phones.
- Major retailers are also exploring the idea of turning online grocery shopping into a full sensory experience via VR…Walmart published a pair of patents in August 2018 that describe a system for virtual-reality shopping at home.
- True conversational AI is a voice assistant that can engage in human-like dialogue, capturing context and providing intelligent responses.
- For an AI to replicate human-like interaction, it might have to run a dozen or more neural networks in sequence as part of a multilayered task — all within that 200 milliseconds or less.
- An estimated 50 percent of searches will be conducted with voice by 2020, and, by 2023, there will be 8 billion digital voice assistants in use.
- The first bond created, allocated, transferred and managed through its life-cycle using distributed ledger (blockchain) technology.
- The subsequent issuance builds on the success of the platform and further enables capital markets to leverage distributed ledger technologies for faster, more efficient, and more secure transactions.
- “CBA now has tangible evidence from our first bond offering using blockchain technology and subsequent bond management, secondary trading and tap issue via the same platform, that blockchain technology can deliver a new level of efficiency, transparency and risk management capability versus the existing market infrastructure.”