5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Just under $75 billion was invested in almost 8,100 funding rounds, worldwide…down from highs set in Q4 2018.
- 8,097 deals were struck in Q1 2019 worldwide, down 3 percent from last quarter, but up 6 percent from last year.
- Roughly $74.96 billion was invested across all stages, down a considerable 19 percent from last quarter’s global highs.
- Bid to unlock valuable data held in silos which will ultimately get autonomous vehicles on the road.
- Next MOBI working group on so-called autonomous vehicle data markets (AVDM) will be chaired by General Motors.
- Getting to the stage where AVs are safe in all conditions could take hundreds of billions of self-driven miles.
- Instead of cash, each farmer received a digital payment through BanQu’s blockchain platform.
- Tracks and stores what volume of goods were delivered, the quality of those goods, and what price-per-pound that yield commanded.
- Eliminating large cash transactions also lowers the risk of that money being stolen.
- New derivative is available for a minimum investment of £1,000.
- Include 20 companies which are expected to profit from blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) adoption.
- Companies that make up the ETN reportedly come from the technology, shipping, oil and gas, custody banking and industrials industries.
- Costs of scaling a company in the bay area, NYC, and many other startup regions in the US has escalated.
- Encouraged our portfolio companies that are located in these high cost regions to build out secondary locations.
- Have a secondary location outside of the US, where talent can be hired a much lower cost than the US.