5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Barriers to entry came down in 2009, when SpaceX provided increased access to space.
- Satellites previously cost hundreds of millions (or even billions) to design, manufacture, and launch.
- Just over 40 percent of the Top 100 venture capital firms now have at least one space investment.
- Real estate buying and selling process could be reduced from more than three months to “less than three weeks.
- Blockchain technology for the process could save the global property market about $160 billion annually.
- Participants in a real estate sale can transact directly and retain control over their own data.
- Transformation, driven by new industrial platforms, geopolitical shifts, global competition, and changing consumer demand, is front-page news.
- Can a global company successfully transform without bringing along its 30,000 employees? I doubt it.
- Leaders who can engage emotionally with employees and humanize change initiatives by creating inspiration and innovation are most likely to succeed.
- In terms of total transaction volume, Bitcoin overtakes PayPal and nears MasterCard.
- Transferring sums below $100, it is more reasonable to use Visa and MasterCard, but if the sum increases, Bitcoin begins to look better.
- Visa, MasterCard and PayPal have centralized data centres, whereas Bitcoin’s transactions are processed by its nodes.
- B2B segment is larger than the consumer segment on most accounts.
- Critical for traditional businesses to define their own culture before launching into a technology debate.
- For vendors to ignore the subscription model can be risky for traditional businesses.