5 Key Stories From The Digital Worlds
BY NABYL CHARANIA
- Approval comes after an 18 month trial and 3,000 deliveries.
- Partnering with local businesses including coffee shops and pharmacies to deliver their products.
- Drone deliveries could be worth as much as AU$30 to AU$40 million to businesses in the area.
- Brings on board thousands of robots in nearly 5,000 of its 11,348 stores.
- Robots will be scrubbing floors, scanning boxes, unloading trucks and tracking shelf inventory.
- Gartner survey says that while 1.8 million jobs will be lost to software automation, 2.3 million will be created.
- One of the biggest challenges was to find the optimal A.I. framework and model for the problem.
- Create a deep learning neural network which could predict the required data with greater than 97 percent accuracy.
- IBM provided two IBM POWER9 servers equipped with Nvidia GPUs to accelerate the neural net training.
- Opinion of 450 respondents, some 60 percent of participants said they would be willing to adopt the technology.
- PwC report…found that companies didn’t want to be left off the blockchain bandwagon.
- General lack of understanding, and resources, is seemingly holding back adoption.
- As more cars are built with features that enable them to drive themselves, it’ll free up consumers to do other activities inside the car.
- Gaming is only one of a variety of entertainment options companies are exploring for use in AVs.
- Expect more AV companies to form partnerships with name-brand gaming companies.